Each other's forever


We came into this world together

With a promise to be each other's forever.

The unspeakable bond was shaken wildly

When I was given away to receive love from another.

I would look at you being loved so dearly

And wondered if you would ever want to come back.

And when life started feeling empty without you,

I started out on a journey alone.

I collected happiness in excess 

Not wanting to fall behind on memories to share

when we finally reunite.

I held smiles, praises and empathy tightly

Never letting even a single emotion disappear.


When we met again, I held the hands of an empty stranger.

You spoke in a language I couldn't decipher,

You expressed affection in a way I couldn't understand

You told me you lost everything 

While you stood waiting for me.

A guilty feeling brooded over our company,

Our moody skies and rainbows 

Stood baffled unable to pass through a thin wall.

We sat together in silence,

One full of love and the other devoid,

One in a wonderland and the other grounded in reality,

One who lived and the other that took bruises for both.


We walked towards the door 

Where we had to leave each other behind.

You looked over the rotten love of yours

Piling up near the door with noone to receive it.

I took them in my arms and smiled apologetically

For I never knew you'd leave everything for me

Even when you had none for yourself.

I loosened the hold on the love I had collected

And it settled on your heart,

Without being afraid of disappearing ever again.

The overflowing unwanted mixed with the dark emptiness,

And together we opened the door

To finally reunite and be each other's forever.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.