Bucket list

 I don't remember the last time 

I wrote something in my bucket list.

I heard stories about how people

Found themselves in the peaceful 

mountains or the bustling cities

And I knew I was lost.

I read how The Alchemist changed 

People's lives but the world looked

Different for me after reading 

Sylvia Plath's The bell jar. 

I was told that saving up for 

The future will be worth it

But on a sad day, going on

A small trip with my savings

Made me feel alive again.

I saw people in love and wrote 

It down blushing but the paper

Looked tired of being erased

Everytime someone leaves.



I wrote new ones just to strike 

Them off while the old ones

Stood stiffly as contradictions.

My travel lists felt so lifeless

When compared to a beach 

Visit with you.

The books that held me together

Were never there in any of my 

Reading lists.

When I realised I could have 

Lived all the time I spent planning

I suddenly craved for more time.

Love wrote itself into my life

so gracefully that it felt like a crime

To reduce it to something that

Could be striked off.

Making a list felt so confining

In a world where I could be free.






 

Comments

  1. This is so good. And the line "love wrote itself into my life" - wish I'd come up with that one. Well done.

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. It means a lot! ❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.