Favourite

 I have my favourite people

Scattered all across my life

Some are aware of their worth

In my life and others unaware

Yet they remain silently and

Safely tucked into small spaces,

a memory that doesn't grow dim

Even when new ones form.


I find myself running into your arms

Just to remind myself that

The world still has a kind face in it.

You halfway around the world

Told me things I was dying to hear

And made me want to live life a little.

I love the silent conversations 

We have when my mind goes awry,

How wonderful it is to be understood?


We keep apologizing for never

Staying in touch but my drunk photos

find you first and you call me cool.

Our names lie in red in each other's phones

As missed calls and yet with a strict

Call time in hostel, you call me first.

In places new and strange,

I have found gems of people

Who light up my world with just

A mention of their name

And I call them home.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.