Love

 Love brushed past me like a wind

During a hot summer afternoon

Cooling the beads of sweat on my body

With shivers of comfort and pleasure.

It never came with grand gestures and

Bouquets of flowers on a dreamy night,

It stayed with my sorrows and gently

Lifted them into the silent night with its touch.


Love left me while I was still asleep 

comfortable in the warmth it had left behind,

With a forehead kiss as a goodbye note

It walked away with empathy and regrets.

It didn't turn words into hate or leave one 

Stranded in a world of indifference,

It stood comforting me while I cried

And whispered helplessness for its tragic form.


Love haunts me some days and I hide

in places where it could never find me.

But love was kind, it waits for me.

Like reveling the last lines of a poem

Because it made you feel something,

I knew I would go looking for love again,

How could a poet resist something 

that brings beauty to her words.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.