Protest

 I held him close when he cried

And felt shivers of protest leaving his body,

He was chanting with every single breathe

'I want to live! I want to live!'

You and me, on days that challenge 

our existence start a revolution

One that would takes away our layers,

Layers that gave us a reason to survive.

Victorious we will arise,

In a battle against ourselves,

With our emotions bare and alone,

And riot in the language of self-love.


On a day that could heal a broken heart

He called me over to break mine.

He looked at me with teary eyes and

the air heavy with apologies, he said

'I am sorry I don't love you anymore.'

She left him with a smile

Satisfied with the memories she got to keep,

Like someone leaving a protest

With a throat that was hurting 

And a heart full of reform wishing

For a day that would never come.


Within us lies a hundred protests

Silent ones that we fight everyday

Learning to change and grow

Into people that can only love.

I am still yearning to live in a world

Where we are not at war with others 

Or with our dear selves,

In a world where I can exist

Without feeling that I am taking

every breath of my life 

For granted.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.