Stillness

 Lately, I find comfort in the stillness 

that life offers,

When the sun's rays fall on me,

I turn my face towards it in devotion.

When I feel so much love for you,

I glance for just a second longer than usual.

When I go on a date with the sky,

I find tears softening my cheeks.

When you tell me you love me,

I take a moment to say it back.

The world rushes by in a hurry while

I move away into a world of my own,

A world where my words reside in peace.


The world and me, devoid of movement

Has never been so beautiful.

In the stillness of the sun,

I find pleasure in a cold shower after.

In the stillness of my eyes on you,

I feel happy that I could catch myself in love.

In my stillness over the sky's graceful changes,

I am capable of accepting my losses.

In the stillness of your love, I remember

I am being loved in a way I was meant to be.

And when I find myself on a starless night,

I'll tell you my secrets through a poem 

that you would forget to read.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.