My sister finds her man


   This entry is dedicated to my sister and my going – to -be  brother- in -law. Welcome to our family. When my sister told me their story , I truly felt it was so romantic and wished I would have a love story like theirs ( hope my father does not see this.) . I wish to tell you what happened when they came for the girl meeting ceremony. It was a simple function , no lunch or dinner was arranged , just a normal meeting . It was totally nerve-wrecking day for both my mother and father . Me and my brother was a little tensed at meeting them , but was not so nervous as we had already seen them in photos (via Facebook) . My mom was sweating even though the AC was on , and my dad was pacing around the room with little beads of sweat on his forehead . My mom was continuously asking my sister about is he good-looking ? is he hot- tempered? will he like us ? what if is photo is fake and he is bad – looking ? I was almost about to laugh at my mom’s stupid questions. When she saw this , she snapped  ’ wait till you have a daughter and i will see you laughing then’ . I could not bear myself at this point , both me and my brother burst into laughter.
Finally , the car arrives and immediately leaves a comment ‘ nice car’ an it was true . I could see how she was struggling to get a smile out of her tensed face, at that moment I felt sorry for her .I knew she had spent the nights restless after she heard the news but still she tries to smile , these are the moments I always grew fond of her. At the sound of the car’s rumble , my father races to the mirror to make sure he looks okay. I have never seen him this tensed before. At the first sight I knew he was perfect for my sister an to say the truth I have never seen her so happy for a long time . His family was one of the most simplest I have ever met . After everyone settled , they started talking about the weather , government , occupation , blah blah … and at last he told ‘ I will marry her only after I will be able to stand on my own feet ‘  , oh , I love this part , all was silent for a second at his reply and I could see from the looks of my father’s eyes that he was impressed. I thought to myself ‘ the first impression is the best impression ‘ and my mother dragged me to another room where all the ladies were occupied  and we started talking , but I was in my own world because I knew everyone was already planning the wedding after his first dialogue.
He again impressed my father that day itself . My father went out after sometime to buy a cigarette (he always does  it , I have tried to stop him , but he wont, ah) and he was accompanied by him . He was a little tensed , but  did not show it . After a few minutes of walking , he asked ‘ can I call you “dad” ?’ .And my father fell for that . I did not know my father would fall for such a cheesy dialogue . And that was the second impression. ( you would be  wondering how I know all this , its because my sister told me … they talk everyday ). After talking for some more time everyone  left and everyone was having good opinions about them .So , I guess CONGRATS !! LOVEBIRDS..
Oh , I forgot to tell you this , the ceremony was on my sister’s birthday , so that we could celebrate it all together . Of course , there was a cake and the time came for the cake to be opened . Only my father had seen the cake , because he bought it , and we all were eagerly waiting for the cake to open , so as to see the flavor . Me and my brother was actually reciting ‘ please be black forest ‘ like a mantra . And at last the cake was opened , and god heard our prayers (it was black forest ) , but there was also another surprise . The wordings inside was ‘ HAPPY BIRTHDAY , LIYA ANTONY ‘ . You probably must be wondering whats so special about it . We usually put wordings like ‘ happy birthday , liya’. You must be wondering I must be mad , okay I will get to the point . My father never puts the surname in the wordings , but this time he added it and we also did not quite notice  because of the beauty of the cake . So I cant blame you for not finding it in the first place . After having one piece of cake , my sister asked a ‘ why you did like that ?’ and that was the first time I noticed it . My father replied ‘ because you wont have your surname for long .’ And I knew he was about to cry , because I knew that expression and I thought ‘ come on , the wedding is not even planned’ . At that moment , I could see my sister’s eyes filled with tears . The next moment , my father rushed outside and my sister to the bathroom . At first , I thought it was just rubbish , but now I wish even I could have  such a relationship with my dad.And that was how that day ended and even though this day was not about me,  it had taught me how relationships could play an important part in my life. Embrace them while they are still there in your life….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.