A walk

Somewhere along that lonely road,
I had a feeling that left me stupefied.
A familiarity in all those slow steps I took,
A shocking deja vu to your warmth.
An undistinguishable euphoria had hit me,
I turned back with a spectrum of hope,
Only to be slapped back to reality.
It wasn't the beautiful world of
Calmness and happiness that I
 Craved all night and day nor
The easiness of a fathomable life.
I found my solace in the uneven roads,
That we walked together sharing tales.
I fell in love with the muddy grounds,
That ignites our faces with love.

Today as I walk through these roads,
Nothing feels the same unlike those moments that are scored in our hearts.
It still felt like a warm home embracing
The times of our lives but
I wasn't invited anymore.

P.S. I find abandoned places very aesthetic.
P.S.S. For someone who is single, I write too many romance poems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.