CAUGHT



Something that has always troubled me and will continue to is depression. No matter how much I try to write about something happy and beautiful, the idea of  sadness always isn't far away. Maybe that's the realist in me talking. I hate her but still she's a part of me. So enough talk.  Here's a poem I wrote. I hope you take your time reading it.

*CAUGHT*

She ran out like she was on fire,
Her tangled hair fighting the wind,
Her clothes bravely covering her emotional nudity,
Her eyes,still beautiful,had lost its sparkle,
Her heart that had a death wish to fulfill.

Caught between a step,she weeps painfully,
A step forward to the peace she discuss,
A step back to gather the strength to fight,
She fights away her tears,for the step forward,
Was the only way for this ordeal to end.

She looks straight ahead,her eyes now lifeless,
Her body remains numb as her heart beats fast,
Her face looks pale and her mind deranged,
She has her own rules now, a true warrior,
Although the angel of death grinned.
She tries to step forward but falls back
On to the pavement of the road ,smiling,
Then her face falls prey to her hard hands,
And she cries and cries her heart out,
Breathing life back into her sore heart.

The innocent face on the other side of the road,
Holding on to his father with one hand and,
Waving with the other one, a pure sign of innocence,
Little did the child know that it had given,
The wheel of death a strong spin.

P.S. Well, I guess the optimist in me is also in par with the realist ☺️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.