Reunion

 We were all going back home

With hastened goodbyes, soft hugs,

Tons of 'I miss you's, 'keep in touch's 

And masks that helped hide tears.

We came back to our castle of good

Memories with zillions of plans to 

Build them up more with warmth and love

Only to gaze at the incomplete work 

And say what a tragedy!

We will learn to live with the despair

This abrupt farewell brings us but right here

Being alive in this moment, I feel like it'll

Stay with me forever and more.

Every corner of this place that breathed

Anonymity before feels so homely

That while looking through photographs 

of streets that you and I walked together

I am having a sad reunion with our memories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.