Broken

 

All my life I have measured

People's brokenness

I have seen it in their tired faces

Awaiting for the day to end

Before the sun has risen.

I have seen it in the way they smile

How their eyes mourn death

While their lips curl with effort.

I have seen it in the way you look

At me, so apologetic yet unable

To show me the real you.

I remember praying to go back

To the time when broken was 

Just a word, a poet's secret muse,

a slight lining that kept art beautiful.

But life tastes like poison when the 

Emotions you have only felt through

Look-through screens of other people 

lives suddenly starts feeling you up,

Letting you know it's real.

With time, humans break

with time, humans grow

With time, we'll remain broken

And with time, we'll learn to live again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.