Instruction

 

My papa likes to have someone to talk to 

In the evening with a drink in his hand,

My amma likes sudden trips, being surprised

With food and me doing the dishes on time.

My brother likes it when I listen to him talk 

About his interests and dreams.

My sister likes being appreciated in groups

And sharing secrets in our tiny room.

My grandpa likes being listened to when he sings

And us welcoming him with a kiss on the cheek.

My grandma likes when I recite poems,

speak in a fake accent and also being called 'Cici'

My friend likes it when I constantly remind her

That I love her even though it gets a bit annoying.

It feels astonishing to know we hold 

The instruction manuals

 to make someone happy

Without even knowing it,

That when the sun finds it difficult 

To shine through on days,

We appear like magicians

Knowing just what to do.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.