A smile.

I have given less thought to this post but it stays true without a change in its shade. I personally admire people who smile a lot. Smiling sounds so simple. But it isn't. Have you ever tried to force a smile? The feeling is horrible. Every muscle in your face becomes so rigid,it's almost like you did a workout. ( Okay,lame jokes aside.) Sad smiles are even worse. But being positive, it's still a smile.

So moving on to what this post is really about. I met someone who lives in a house I pass by everyday when I go home. The road,in front of her house, is full of potholes and cracks and being a really aloof walker, I can't reach the other end without bleeding if I don't look down and walk. It has been 2 years. Our friendship is going strong. We never talk. We don't know each other's name or what we do or what we plan on doing. It's good.

The only thing we share is a smile. At first, it started off as a 'hello!new person' smile. But then it became something that I looked forward to each day. It was like a daily reminder that no matter how my day goes, I have someone all ready to gift me a smile. It was really a solace.

Every day, I see her in the exact position. On a plastic chair, sitting comfortably in the verandah. Sometimes I can see her murmuring something to herself but it doesn't interfere with the daily dosage of that beautiful smile. She always wear sarees that have light colours, exactly depicting how any beholder feels on seeing her smile. Light. There are days when I don't see her and it worries me. But then the worries get lost in the bustling nights.

I can never explain in words how much that five-second smile means to me. It makes everything a little better,you know. I am gonna use this opportunity to tell you to smile a little more. Smile at people. It doesn't always end in posts like this. But still there is nothing to lose. It's a deal. Either you get labelled as a creep or you unknowingly would have made someone's day good.

The 5 minute walk from the bus-stop to my home is exhausting. The roads are damaged. Trees are few. The people are all too busy to get past you. But it's her I look forward you. With few of her white hair strands escaping the mundanni she has covered her head with, with her wrinkles and happy eyes, with her undying efforts to smile at any passer-by, I truly look forward to you.

For I truly believe that smiling creates a special bond between two people. It's like a handshake with your mind. A pinky promise to your soul that everything will turn out fine. After all, how can it not be when you give away your beautiful smile effortlessly ❤️.

I hope this encourages you to smile a little more. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.