The unknown plunge






I hear whispers as I walk to the lake,
An ancient story of a girl being dragged,
Into the deep waters by two welcoming hands.
I turn back to discover the whispering voices,
Only to be met by layers of air, reeking of silence.
The whispers grow loud, describing the girl now,
How her lips used to be so moist in places
Where the hot tears fell and
How her smile makes people wonder
If she had lost her sanity
How she used to make people forget their miseries,
As they dwell and reminisce in her tragedies.
I shush the voices as I near the lake,
For I chose stillness over companionship,
As something told me only then she'll let me
Listen to her voice, her story.
The voices continued yet, telling what she did to people
She has left people stay isolated in their rooms,
She had left them moaning, crawling and crying.
It was as if a curse had been lifted and passed on to us,
To cry the tears, to indulge in the solitude, to spend sleepless nights,
That was promised and yet to come,
Which she abandoned unfulfilled on her visit to the lake,
As my feet touched the water, the voices went abruptly silent,
I searched frantically, straining my ears to hear atleast breathing,
My ears had gone deaf except to the unconfined rhythm of the waves,
I saw two hands reaching out to me, a smile spreading across my face.
The smile disappeared as fast as a lightening,
When I realised that the girl fell into her own reflection.
They talk about the first and last time she laughed,
Seconds before jumping in.
And about the monster that dragged her in, maybe she wanted time to stand still,
At the moment she met herself and realised,
The monsters she met in the water were her own.
And she plunged into the unknown,
Joining the happy reflection she saw.
An ancient story of a girl being dragged,
Into the deep waters by two welcoming hands,
One that held open solace and another a curse.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.