//incomplete, a person, time//


There are many moments in one's life that makes us realise that nothing will be the same anymore. The air you breathe, your own voice, your home, the sky, everything looks different now. It could be for better or for worse. And as a person, I keep these moments close to my heart. Be it damaging or enlightening, they always have a place. A place I visit often.
The day was as boring as any day could be. Everyone moving on with their daily chores and conversations. The same faces I see everyday, I walk by everyday, only today I actually wanted to know how they were feeling today. I wanted to know whether they were happy or sad, anxious or relaxed, angry or monotonous. I wanted to know. Because I knew this day wasn't like the other days. At least for me. I could see him, cycling away, in front of me. I wondered whether he felt the same.
I don't remember what happened that day. I think people lie when they say they can remember a day like they were living it today. A bloody lie. The only thing you will remember is how you felt. How the words you don't even remember (now) hit the air and you couldn't breathe for a second. How numb you became or how unfair it was. You only remember your emotions. The faces, the places, they all turn to a blur with the time. And yet when you tell the story again, you remember everything perfectly. Oh, what an irony. Time does heal. You are the one preventing it. Like me, today.
I remember crying. I remember becoming angry. I remember feeling weak. And then he came and hugged me. But he was the last person I had imagined that would have helped me. From that moment, I knew I would always be grateful to him. I could hear the enquiries and I remember trying to cry louder, to not hear a word. And I remember him squeezing me even tighter saying 'Everything will be alright'. And somehow I felt it will. And it did.
A moment that passed and paved way for many others. For some reason, I still believe I couldn't have survived if it weren't for him. And I know he'll never realise how much I owe him. I don't even think he even remembers. And I find it beautiful. Have you ever wondered how many lives you have made better?
Days like these still meets me ,now and then. And I pay a visit to my place, and find that piece of memory that might fit in perfectly. But it will never. You know the pieces aren't of the puzzle you are fixing. Yet you try, you squeeze them in. And the tiny gaps that are left behind? You name them hope.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.