The Woman I thought I knew.

We fight back tears sometimes. Or try to fight back tears. It doesn't make sense,these tears and stuff. Why can't they come out at our command rather than flowing out by itself without no one to hold it back. It is a cruel trick of the nature. At times,they are uninvited,at times they are hoped,at times they help us relax but still...

Sleeping beside her, I stared at her watering eyes. It was happy tears. She kept on repeating the story and yelling out squeals of happiness at times. Usually, I just told her to stop but today I didn't feel like it. I didn't want to steal that 2 hours of extreme happiness from her. She just looked so graceful saying that story. If we don't have someone to share our happiness with, it leads to nothing. A moment is lost like that, with ignorance. I was keen not to shout at her as she kept on repeating how happy she was because I wanted her to enjoy the freedom and liveliness she sacrificed for us. This is the least I could do.

It was true that I got a book as a gift on the same day and I was extremely happy but she proved to me that words are better than gifts. Like Augustus said "My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations." (The Fault In Our Stars reference.. Remember 'fandom' :P , ), I was lost for words at her happiness and gracefulness. It had been quite some time. It was maybe my mistake that I thought that she was content with what she did. She never told that she was..

"I am so happy now. No one has ever said to me like that before. I can't believe he still remembered after all these years. I never thought that he still remembered all these stuffs and to say that I was a good sister-in-law. I am in heavens right now."

Liya and Ryan had already left the room after hearing this for the thousandth time (maybe I am exaggerating a bit :) ). I am not trying to say that I am the best kid in the family (If you think so, no offence taken), I just wanted to give her a chance to enjoy her happiness just the way she had let me enjoy mine, by repeating the moment for a lot of times until our mouths go dry. She always made us feel, no, think that all she wanted to do was look after us . I am not saying she hated it but she had dreams!!

Dreams that I didn't know of. Dreams that would make us laugh and think for the same time. Dreams she decided to bury forever . This might have been simply sad unless I started to realise that it was for us that she buried




The moment I saw her weeping after seeing a movie called 'How Old Are You?", which was a story of an aged  women who went on to realise her dream. She had a huge bundle of shattered dreams but I have only found out one, her dream to see Taj Mahal. People might think it is a silly dream,but admit it, its the silly dreams that have more depth to it than reasonable dreams. Go on ,you can object but my decision ain't changing. She is the kind of person I would crave to be loved from,she was amazing. She was ready to sacrifice her dreams just to pave a path for ours. When she opened up her dream of riding, the way he rejected it made me realise that I wouldn't do that to her. I was ready to fulfil her dream before I could do mine. I am ready to sacrifice for that woman who made me cry and laugh,who taught me to love and most of all ,for giving birth to me ,bearing all that pain just to let me live, to dream and to fulfil.

She was my mom. I thought I knew her all along but I was wrong. There was a person deep inside her that I was introduced to lately. If you think I am talented,then don't praise me because she is the one that taught me everything in the world. I love her so much. I don't know if she will understand what she means to me ,but one day I will read this to her trying my maximum not to cry. I am not afraid to scream out to the world that 'I Love her'. But most importantly I want her to know that she is an amazing person and she is my biggest inspiration..
P.S. You should be proud of yourself for making an amazing human being..:P <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.