Reins

Words I drown myself in,
Careful of any drop I spill,
I tell myself that I shouldn't feel so much,
Because the letters I write somedays
sends shivers down my spine.
Eyes all seeking, looking for signals,
To show me that I have lost control of my reins.
The doors of insecurity lay wide open,
windows I had opened to escape is an illusion
That will soon wear off.
So I close the door because enough is enough.
I overthink, I talk to myself, I think,
I make decisions that break me,
But I promise myself it's for the best,
If not, sing me a lullaby while I cry.
The days I have lived taught me to let go,
 of way too many things that
I would have been on my knees
begging if it was yesterday.
The art of accepting things just as they are
A sudden awareness of the delusions
I had held onto so voluntarily,
Even though they were burning holes in my mind.
So bear with me,
I am trying to complete myself,
I am learning to understand myself,
I am leaving things behind,
not for you to remember me by,
but for me to look back to
And realise the reins were never there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.