An irrelevant tale.


After years of struggling, we finally convinced Papa. We were taking driving classes. It was super fun when we had them together. After an exhausting 10 minutes of driving each, we three would come home giggling. The teacher would drop us off at the bakery. Despite the plans we made yesterday night after the heavy dinner, we would drift into bakery with such big smiles. One lime soda, two neiyappam and one undampori. Within seconds, we were devouring it like hungry kids. Someone you were nice to the other day would come to talk to us and you would tuck away the remaining neiyappam back into the plastic bag, struggling to swallow the piece you had in your mouth . Oh god, how much I love her. It's these small moments,you know. You see them doing something as simple as brushing their hair or picking up a flower that you realise you love them.

Eventually, we would reach home, sweating, thirsty and utterly tired. We would lie down on the bed. We would compliment Ryan on his driving. He had a knack for driving. Then he would start laughing about how many people we managed to scare off the road this time. And how he won't have enough time to visit both of us in jail. We would join him. Nothing makes us more happy than him laughing. He looks like an angel. Our angel. Talk about good times.
The day of the test finally arrived. Nevertheless to say, we were quite confident about becoming legalised drivers. I remember us feeling sad when a guy failed his test, he seemed devastated. I remember you trying to matchmake me with the handsome policeman. A few more names were called, and finally it was your turn. You turned back and had that look on your face "I can do it, right?". I gave a nod. *Almost there, almost there, half of a H, you can do it. What the. .* Who knew you could drive a small letter 'b'? As much as I wanted to console you, I was laughing with tears in my eyes. I was next. I knocked over the last rod. I almost lost control over myself when the teacher said "You both did a beautiful job." Even he couldn't resist smiling. We were sad, but we were together. That made all the difference. And boy, did we have a tale to tell!

Few months passed. And few more tests. I was away from home. She called me after the second test. The boy had passed and the policeman was a jerk, she said. And this time she failed because of the car. I laughed. Next time, I said. A month passed again. I got a call last week. Guess who aced the driving test this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad art

Monologue of an anxious heart

Nights,Cigarettes and the piano.